Legacy Application Re-Engineering
With the passing time, Enterprises are increasingly facing the challenge of aging and old software applications, better known in computing parlance as Legacy Applications which are essential for the organizations but at the same time prove to be a nightmare for programmers and maintenance engineers. Though burdensome, legacy applications also represent years of accumulated experience and knowledge. It is, therefore, unwise to discard them before building new state of the art applications to leverage current technologies.
There is a need to transform such Legacy Applications, suitable to the latest technology environment by various methods of Porting, Migration and Re-engineering.
Zwibaek has been working on legacy applications since the time of Y2K problems that had turned the world in a spin when the millennium was ending and with which was ending the hope and fate of thousands of applications worldwide for their inability to recognize new date. Since then, we have developed special skills in re-engineering through our own proven methods and experience.
Some of the benefits that enterprise may reap from our experience are as follows :
- Proven processes, technology expertise and tools to re-engineer your applications to modern technologies such as .NET, J2EE, UNIX and Linux.
- Rapid action and effective re-engineering on your legacy applications to contemporary platforms with optimized architectures, simultaneously retaining or enhancing the value in the applications.
- Proven expertise in modifying or extracting business logic from legacy systems. We follow a structural approach where we analyze your legacy applications, dig out the business rules, employ the latest tools and development techniques and transform your legacy systems into contemporary applications.
- Greater flexibility to respond quickly to market changes with scalable platforms, reduction in cost spent on out of control legacy systems and reduced total cost of ownership.
Our Offerings are:
- Character base interface to Web/Windows Migration
- DBMS Applications to RDBMS & 3 Tier Architecture
- Client / server Applications to 3- Tier / Web based Applications
- SOAP compliant Application Migration
- Oracle forms 3.0 / 4.5 migration
- Windows to Open source
- Open source to windows
- Web Wrappers
US based IT Company Owner